Due diligence is one of our beloved industry’s trickier beasts. Much like dental check-ups, MOTs and dinner with the in-laws, many of us have to go through it but very few relish the prospect.
While platforms have had something of a steer as to good practise, specialist SIPPs have been left out in the cold. But no more! The lang cat is here to offer our take on what good looks like and what makes our whiskers curl in disapproval.
This is an unusual report for us. @sipp commissioned us to carry out the analysis. But it’s not an analysis of @sipp ‘we compare it to neither a peer group nor a benchmark’ it’s an analysis of the process of carrying out specialist SIPP due diligence.
It’ll make more sense when you read it, which we heartily recommend. Here’s what you can look forward to:
- A look at the current due diligence landscape (with just enough sources to suggest we did some research).
- Why due diligence is possibly going to take over the world.
- Our ‘oh, yes please’ and ‘gonnae no dae that’ of due diligence.
- The questions we set @sipp and its unedited responses.
- The lang cat view on those responses. And a few extra thoughts as they came to us.
WE’RE PRETTY SURE YOU CAN GET BUDGET FOR THIS ONE
The paper will set you back the sum total of no pounds. That’s thanks to @sipp paying us to carry out the analysis, good guys that they are. But, the comments we make are just what they would be whether we were being paid or not. It’s up to you what you make of it all, but that’s how it is.
Tempted? We can’t think who wouldn’t give in to a combination of SIPP due diligence and high end cat imagery.